Deadly Truck Accidents: The Most Severe Of Motor Vehicle Accidents
Truck accidents on Georgia highways are among the most traumatic and devastating motor vehicle accidents in our state. At Joseph D. Weathers, PC, I have been helping clients in Colquitt County and throughout Georgia with their personal injury claims for more than 30 years. If you or your loved ones have been in a truck accident, I can help you seek compensation for your injuries.
Semi-Truck Collisions And Catastrophic Results
It’s not hard to understand why a truck accident can be one of the most deadly motor vehicle accidents there can be. A semi truck hauling heavy cargos and traveling at highway speeds can cause significant damage if it hits another truck, or a much smaller vehicle, like a car. Accidents involving semi trucks usually result in more damage, and more devastating and debilitating injuries than other automobile accidents.
There can be a variety of causes for semi-truck accidents including:
- Failure to maintain the vehicle: If a truck is not properly maintained, it increases the likelihood that something could malfunction when it is in operation.
- Highway speeds and traffic situations: If a semi truck is hauling a heavy cargo at highway speeds, it is significantly harder for the truck to respond quickly to stopped traffic conditions.
- Driver exhaustion and fatigue: Truck drivers spend excessive hours on the road, this can easily lead to exhaustion and fatigue.
- Driving under the influence: Drivers who take chances by using alcohol or even taking a controlled substance to stay awake can cause even more damage behind the wheel of a big rig vehicle.
- Inexperienced drivers: Our current economy has resulted in employee shortages and this is especially true with truck drivers. Companies that put inexperienced drivers behind the wheel of a semi truck should be held liable if that inexperienced driver causes an accident.
- Distracted and reckless driving: The same distractions that face drivers in any car accident are also distractions for truck drivers and can be infinitely more dangerous because they are driving a much larger vehicle.
When a semi truck crashes, the resulting damage can be catastrophic. Injuries can be severe, including spinal cord injuries, burns or traumatic brain injuries. Truck accidents can even result in death. If you or your loved one has been severely injured in a motor vehicle accident involving a truck, I can help you with your personal injury claims. If you have lost a loved one in a semi-truck accident, you may even have a claim for a wrongful death action.
Deadlines Apply: Call Today
In Georgia, there are statute of limitations and deadlines for filing a personal injury or claim for wrongful death. Call my Moultrie office today at 229-589-8973 or send an email through my online form.